Saturday, September 5, 2009

Just Like Mommy...







About six weeks ago, Preston started sucking his thumb (top picture). I thought that was so cute because I used to suck my thumb until I was, well, old enough to know that if I didn't wash my hands first I was sucking a bunch of germs! (And yes, I did finally break the habit, and no, I did not need braces.) Once Preston started doing it, I thought "Great, another way to tell them apart when they are sleeping!" Well, about two weeks ago...you guessed it...Parker started sucking his thumb, too (second picture)! I know it's a habit they will eventually need to break, but for now it really works as a way for them to comfort themselves. It just continues to amaze me how alike the boys are and what a strong bond and connection they share. I just had to grab the camera and snap the picture of them sleeping; notice how their arms are intertwined and Preston has his other arm on top of Parker. The boys are starting to roll over, so we may need to move them to separate cribs in the near future. It makes me sad to think of that because I know they will miss sleeping side by side. We will keep them together as long as we safely can! As for the last picture, they just love to smile...which makes me smile, too! :)

No comments: