Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Days of School
















Yea!! I finally have my computer back and am able to post some new pictures. Let's go back about three weeks to the first day of school for Katie. She started Kindergarten and is loving it! I think she was a little nervous at first because she didn't know anyone in her class. However, being the outgoing little girl that she is, she has made some new friends and comes home with stories about the other kids in her class. She is also riding the bus...how convenient for me! She enjoys riding the bus because her friend who lives two doors down from us is in first grade, and they always have a play date cooked up when they get off the bus in the afternoon. My baby is growing up! (Can your firstborn, oldest-of-four-kids be considered your baby?)

Lauren started preschool two weeks ago, and she is loving school as well. She attends preschool two days a week at our church. She enjoys being Ms. Sherri's helper! I think she has a leg up on some of the academic skills because Katie has been "teaching" her at home. In fact, she likes to give her homework ("Okay, Lauren, write a row of L's, a row of A's, and a row of U's..."). I think she is getting used to Katie being gone all day. Lauren is a great helper with her brothers on the days that she doesn't go to school. I must say that I am exhausted with our new school schedule! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep the pictures coming I love seeing them. The girls are sooo precious!!!!!!! Your little girls have the prettiest smiles and you should be proud of their outgoing happy personalities you and David have done a good job teaching them to be nice and friendly.