Monday, April 6, 2009

Mystery Solved




Last Thursday I had a follow-up visit for the nurse to check my incision. I asked her a few questions about the boys' delivery since I had been on some hefty painkillers at the time. After she reviewed the doctor's notes, I found out just what the labor and delivery nurses had felt when they checked me (remember--they couldn't decide what they were feeling...an arm? an umbilical cord? a hand? anything but a head...). Apparently they were feeling Preston's scrotum, cord, and foot. He must have been sitting there like a little frog ready to hop on out. Parker's membranes had not yet ruptured, so Mr. Preston was the one who was anxious to make his appearance!

Both boys are making great progress! Yesterday Parker was up to 5 pounds, 1 ounce and Preston was up to 5 pounds, 5 ounces. Wow! I never imagined that I would think 5 pounds sounded like a big baby. It's amazing how your perspective changes in situations like this. The boys are filling out and are such a joy to hold and kiss. David and I are just warming them up for the affection they will get from their big sisters!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When are these guys going to get to eat all on their own. It sounds like they are doing so well. You are doing a great job keeping us all posted. Thank you. Hug the big sisters from great aunt Susan

Jennifer said...

Sounds like they are doing great! That's wonderful!