Monday, October 27, 2008

A Mini-Vacation...Just for Adults!
















Last week, David and I took a fun mini-vacation down to St. Petersburg, FL...without the kids (well, without two of them, anyway)! He was attending a Raymond James conference and I was just along for the ride (and the delicious food). We had never been to that part of Florida, and it was beautiful. We stayed in an old hotel (the Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club) that had been refurbished years ago, and it was just gorgeous! It was right on the water of Tampa Bay, and there was a beautiful park nearby. I spent a lot of time sitting in the park reading (yes, a real book!) and watching the boats out on the water.

Apparently, the Vinoy is where the pro teams stay when they come to the Tampa/St. Pete area, and as luck would have it, we were there during the American League playoffs between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Boston Red Sox. When we arrived at the hotel, the Red Sox were staying there. Two days later, after they lost the series in game 7 to the Rays, they left town and in came the Philadelphia Phillies for the World Series. I was sitting on the verandah of the hotel reading my book when four chartered buses arrived and off walked these young, athletic men in suits. At the end of the line were some wives carrying a "Go Phillies!" sign...so then I knew who they were! Although David and I don't really follow baseball, we caught the fever when in St. Pete so we are now rooting for the Rays (although as of this evening, it's not looking good for them!).

I must say that I was so impressed on this trip...David had made arrangements for several activities during our stay and surprised me with them! We went on a carriage ride, a sunset cruise on a sailboat, and ate at the best restaurants on the water. We really did have a wonderful time! I'm already looking forward to going back (although for me, it probably won't be next year...mommy duty calls!)! :)

No comments: