Thursday, October 23, 2008

Flu Shot Fun

Today the girls and I got our flu shots...yes, a fun adventure. After I got mine, Katie and Lauren started fighting over who had to go next. Finally, I grabbed Katie and plopped her down on the table. A little screaming, a couple of tears, and it was over. Then it was Lauren's turn, and she is usually the "tough" one. Well, not so much today. She cried when she got the shot, she cried after the shot, she cried while I tried to put her shoes back on (the shoes had nothing to do with getting the shot, she was just entertaining herself while waiting for the nurse to come in). Finally, when it was time for the sticker, she calmed down and all was well with her world. The nurse explained that, since she was under age three, she was given a different dosage than Katie and I were, and it might have burned more than ours did.

Well, tonight while I was giving Katie a bath, she explained to me that Lauren had not wanted to take off her Band-Aid during her bath because she had gotten the "patriotic" shot. I asked her, "Lauren got the patriotic shot?" And she said, "Yes, she got the patriotic shot and it probably hurt more than ours did!" She was right...Lauren had gotten the pediatric version of the shot!

No comments: