Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Merry Christmas!








Christmas Day was a busy, fun, tiring day!  We started by opening presents at our house, and the kids loved their new toys, clothes, etc.  (The note Katie left for Santa read:  "Dear Santa, Hope you like the cookies.  Love, David, Heather, Katie, Lauren, Preston and Parker.  That is a family of six.  Yes we survived with six."  --  I guess I wasn't the only one surprised that we have survived with 6!!  HA HA!!)  We then left for my cousin's house in Carthage, MO, where we had the huge Christmas meal with the extended family.  We always look forward to this time because the food is FABULOUS and the people are a lot of fun, too!  :)  It is bittersweet because we have lost two of my cousins and my uncle within the past two years, so the time together is very special now and makes me appreciate my family even more.  On Christmas evening, we went to my dad's side of the family and had dinner with them.  Wow!  We were stuffed and tired by the time we got to bed...  :)  On the morning of the 26th, we opened presents with Mom, Dad, and Brian's family.  Three days later, on the 29th, we had Christmas with David's parents and his sister and her family.  We had a great Christmas "week" and are truly thankful for our many blessings.

No comments: