Monday, January 12, 2009

Katie's 5th Birthday Party




Last Saturday we had Katie's 5th birthday party celebration with her friends (we had a "family" party the week before). For months she had been asking for an "Ariel" party. Of course, no store in the Bartlesville area had "Ariel" party supplies, so I ordered them off the internet. They did turn out really cute! I made her Ariel cake for the family party, but I decided that I didn't want to tackle that project a second time (within one week), so I ordered the cake for the second party. Definitely a good idea!!
We had 13 of Katie's closest friends (15 kids including Katie and Lauren) at the party! The big disaster of the day came Saturday night when I realized that 10 of the pictures I had taken at the party were NOT on my camera. Gone. Missing. Not there at all. The one shot that I REALLY wanted was a group shot of all of the kids with Katie around the "birthday table"...you guessed it...one of the missing shots (as well as a picture of the four--actually six--of us in the family and another one of Katie blowing out her candles). David reminded me it wasn't the end of the world; I did still get some cute shots of her with some of the friends, just not all of them together. Oh, well! I have come to realize that being a mom of four kids will mean that I must let some things go! I am learning. We are thankful for Katie's five years and can't believe that she is growing so fast! Love you, Katie-O!


No comments: